Dearest Members and Guests of Princess Anne Hunt:
We welcome you to our annual Opening Meet Hunt Breakfast provided by the amazing Joe DeFazio of DeFazio's Catering! Join us after the Hunt and its beautiful ceremony to celebrate the start of what will be a wonderful season, and toast the health and prosperity of Princess Anne Hunt -- its huntsman, its landowners, and its members.
Hunt Breakfast will be served at roughly 1:00pm following the hunt. $50 for Members and their guests.
*Tables will be set and reserved for parties of 10 or more.*
This year, no walk ups or late RSVPs will be permitted to partake of lunch. RSVPs are REQUIRED for accurate catering no later than October 25th at 5PM. Please indicate the names of your guests in your RSVP so a badge may be prepared for them.
This begins our formal hunting season and is considered a "High Holy Day," where time-honored traditions are brought to life and great merriment is shared.
To clarify expectations and ensure a happy, successful hunt, we have assembled a few reminders for you to keep in mind:
· You MUST get permission for any guest rider(s) prior to Saturday from the PAH Masters. (email@example.com)
· Dues MUST be paid and up to date prior to hunting.
· Please arrive no later than 8:45 to check in with Honorary Secretary Christine Sweet; riders should be mounted by 9:15.
· Your trailer will be stopped before you park to check for the following: Coggins, hunt license and waiver for you and your guest(s). (http://dgif.virginia.gov/)
· If you complete the waiver form, you will bypass the need to supply copies of hunt licenses or Coggins. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Horses and Riders should arrive neat and clean. Boots should be polished.
· Saddle pads should be white and saddle shaped, not square.
Please keep in mind that each of us represent Princess Anne Hunt at all hunt functions. The way we present ourselves and our horses is a reflection on all of us. Proper turnout also respects the generous Landowners who allow us to hunt on their property and make our sport possible.
For further detail regarding proper turnout and hunt etiquette, please see the Etiquette and Attire guidelines on our website.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We hope to see you at Opening Meet!
Ed Mitchell, MFH
Dee Dee Mausteller, MFH